COVID Update – 14th October 2021:
The day has finally arrived, and it is with great excitement that after the NSW Government’s changing of the Health order restrictions – we can confirm our doors will reopen from Monday 18th October for casual court hire with strict online booking requirements and our Competitions will resume on Monday 1st November.
We understand that many of you are so keen to get back and wanting to be knocking on the door on Monday 11th October, but we didn’t want to rush this as your health and wellbeing is simply too important to us.
The current public health orders provided by the NSW Government state that there will be a three staged opening. Below is the Central Coast Basketball Stage overview:
Stage 1: 70% – Monday 18th October
- Members and staff 16+ must be fully vaccinated to enter the stadium unless they are medically exempt from this requirement.
- Group Court Sessions are capped at 20 people.
- Masks are compulsory for 12 years and above while not participating in an on-court activity
- QR code check-in required with manual option available for those without a smart phone.
Stage 2: 80% – Date TBA
- Same restrictions as Stage 1
Stage 3: 90% – Est 1st December
- Unvaccinated staff & members can return to the stadium.
What to expect when you arrive:
It’s going to take time to get everyone checked in, so please ensure you allow extra time to park and organise your three access requirements:
- Phone for QR check-in. Ask staff re. manual check-in process if you do not have a smart phone.
- Proof of full vaccination from everyone aged 16yrs and above. Further details below.
- Put on your mask if you are 12 years and above to enter the venue. Participants can remove the mask while engaged in on-court activity. Masks to be worn once on-court activity is complete.
- Please sanitise on arrival and exit from venue.
- All patrons are encouraged to arrive as late as possible and leave promptly after their activity.
- Please follow signage for exit points.
- Maintain social distance of 1.5m whilst not engaged in on-court activity.
- Please pay all fees, including court hire, registrations and game fees online.
- If you are unwell you MUST stay at home.
- Even if the new rules permit attendance (see specific rules below), only come to the stadium if you absolutely must.
- Patrons are requested not to sing, cheer or chant.
Please remember that this has been a tough time for everyone, our staff included. We will not under any circumstances tolerate rude behaviour towards our staff or volunteers, your understanding will be appreciated. We are so excited to be able to welcome you back into the stadium and offer a positive environment to help us all back to our best health – both physically, mentally and socially. Please trust we are doing our absolute best and bring only kindness into the stadium.
What do you need to do when you visit the stadium?
- Bring proof of your vaccination
- Wear a mask – Everyone over 12 years (players are to wear masks, until immediately before they take to the Court.)
- Be ready to work on your game
See our COVID FAQ’s for more detail
CASUAL COURT HIRE – RETURN DATE 18TH OCTOBER 2021
- Our courts are open for bookings via this link
- Domestic Basketball – Junior and Senior – Return date 1st November 2021
- Netball – Return date 3rd November
- Volleyball – Return date 7th November
- Walking Basketball – To commence once we hit the 80% vaccination rate
- Sunday Scrimmage – To commence once we hit the 80% vaccination rate
BASKETBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS:
- Aussie Hoops – Return date 23rd October 2021
- No other Development programs will run for this term due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Details on our January 2022 School holiday programs will be advised in the coming months.
REPRESENTATIVE: REBELS TRIALS
4th and 5th December
- U12s – 10am – 11:30am Both days
- U14s – 11:30am – 1:30pm Both days
- U16s – 1:30pm – 3:30pm Both days
11th and 12th of December
- U18s – 1pm – 3pm Both days
Thank you for your patience through another difficult time. We are doing our best to deliver the best experience possible and want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your ongoing support through this challenging time.
We can’t wait to see you all soon!
Central Coast Basketball Board and Team
We would like to extend a huge thank you for your understanding and patience while we navigate through the latest COVID-19 NSW Government policies.
All premises will operate at 1 person per 4sqm indoors and 1 person per 2sqm outdoors. People under the age of 16 who are not fully vaccinated are allowed unaccompanied in their workplaces and all outdoor settings but must be with a fully vaccinated member of their household in hospitality venues (unless collecting takeaways), entertainment facilities, major recreation facilities and places of worship, unless they work at the venue.
* Indoor recreation facilities are not classed as high-risk venues; therefore, this rule does NOT apply.
Central Coast Basketball (CCB) remains committed to implementing COVID Safety plans during the 70 and 80% fully vaccinated rates. This includes:
- QR Codes: All levels of sport in the community will be required to have a Service NSW QR code in place for players and officials to check in. All entrants must have their Covid vaccination certificate present also.
- Mandatory check-in: All registered players and officials will be expected to check-in using the Service NSW app as a requirement to play. This will apply to all competitions for those aged 16 and over. Under 16s will be allowed to play without mandatory check-in provided COVID Safe guidelines in place.
- Spectators: All spectators entering controlled access venues will be required to check-in at all training and games using the Service NSW app at all venues. In uncontrolled community spaces, spectators will be encouraged to adhere to the Public Health Guidelines regarding social distancing and mask wearing. Should officials feel this is not occurring, they will be instructed to advise police and take no further action in the interests of volunteer safety.
- Mask Wearing: All players and officials will be required to wear masks whilst not actively involved in competition, in line with Public Health Guidelines.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing will also be encouraged in accordance with Public Health Guidelines, including the application of 1 person per 4 square metres, to determine the number of persons allowed in any one space (i.e. court, field, venue).
- COVID Marshalls: COVID Safe Marshalls will be appointed to controlled venues to ensure check-in through the Service NSW app and adherence to COVID Safety plans.
- Equipment Hygiene: Sport will ensure COVID Safety plans stipulate the regular disinfecting of equipment between use and not allow sharing of drink bottles.
What happens with my annual BNSW membership during the lockdown period?
- A COVID-19 discount will apply for those participants who were impacted by the NSW Government closure between 26 June 2021 – 30 September 2021.
- As per last year, the discount does NOT apply to Aussie Hoops participants. Participants whose membership end date is greater than the 26th of June 2021 will receive the automated renewal email.
- The COVID-19 discount offers ends 25 June 2022.
*For those participants who did renew during the closure period, they will receive their discount in 2022
Can I bring a basketball?
Yes, CCB are not supplying basketballs to any players for warm ups. The ball must be sanitised beforehand. CCB will only be providing the game ball.
All patrons must provide evidence of vaccination either by:
- Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- Medicare online account through myGov
- MyHealth Record
- Australian Immunisation Register (printed copy only)
- the Service NSW app