The day has finally arrived, and it is with great excitement that after the NSW Government’s changing of the Health order restrictions – we can confirm our doors will reopen from Monday 18th October for casual court hire with strict online booking requirements and our Competitions will resume on Monday 1st November.
We understand that many of you are so keen to get back and wanting to be knocking on the door on Monday 11th October, but we didn’t want to rush this as your health ad wellbeing it simply too important to us.
The current public health orders provided by the NSW Government state that there will be a three staged opening. Below is the Central Coast Basketball Stage overview:
Stage 1: 70% – Monday 18th October
- Members and staff 16+ must be fully vaccinated to enter the stadium unless they are medically exempt from this requirement.
- Group Court Sessions are capped at 20 people.
- Masks are compulsory for 12 years and above while not participating in an on-court activity
- QR code check-in required with manual option available for those without a smart phone.
Stage 2: 80% – Date TBA
- Same restrictions as Stage 1
Stage 3: 90% – Est 1st December
- Unvaccinated staff & members can return to the stadium.
What to expect when you arrive:
It’s going to take time to get everyone checked in, so please ensure you allow extra time to park and organise your three access requirements:
- Phone for QR check-in. Ask staff re. manual check-in process if you do not have a smart phone.
- Proof of full vaccination from everyone aged 16yrs and above. Further details below.
- Put on your mask if you are 12 years and above to enter the venue. Participants can remove the mask while engaged in on-court activity. Masks to be worn once on-court activity is complete.
- Please sanitise on arrival and exit from venue.
- All patrons are encouraged to arrive as late as possible and leave promptly after their activity.
- Please follow signage for exit points.
- Maintain social distance of 1.5m whilst not engaged in on-court activity.
- Please pay all fees, including court hire, registrations and game fees online.
- If you are unwell you MUST stay at home.
- Even if the new rules permit attendance (see specific rules below), only come to the stadium if you absolutely must.
- Patrons are requested not to sing, cheer or chant.
Please remember that this has been a tough time for everyone, our staff included. We will not under any circumstances tolerate rude behaviour towards our staff or volunteers, your understanding will be appreciated. We are so excited to be able to welcome you back into the stadium and offer a positive environment to help us all back to our best health – both physically, mentally and socially. Please trust we are doing our absolute best and bring only kindness into the stadium.
What do you need to do when you visit the stadium?
- Bring proof of your vaccination
- Wear a mask – Everyone over 12 years (players are to wear masks, until immediately before they take to the Court.)
- Be ready to work on your game
See our COVID FAQ’s for more detail
CASUAL COURT HIRE – RETURN DATE 18TH OCTOBER 2021
- Our courts are open for bookings via this link
- Domestic Basketball – Junior and Senior – Return date 1st November 2021
- Netball – Return date 3rd November
- Volleyball – Return date 7th November
- Walking Basketball – To commence once we hit the 80% vaccination rate
- Sunday Scrimmage – To commence once we hit the 80% vaccination rate
BASKETBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS:
- Aussie Hoops – Return date 23rd October 2021
- No other Development programs will run for this term due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Details on our January 2022 School holiday programs will be advised in the coming months.
REPRESENTATIVE: REBELS TRIALS
4th and 5th December
- U12s – 10am – 11:30am Both days
- U14s – 11:30am – 1:30pm Both days
- U16s – 1:30pm – 3:30pm Both days
11th and 12th of December
- U18s – 1pm – 3pm Both days
Thank you for your patience through another difficult time. We are doing our best to deliver the best experience possible and want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your ongoing support through this challenging time.
We can’t wait to see you all soon!
Central Coast Basketball Board and Team