Central Coast Basketball operate within Breakers Indoor Sports Stadium, located on Duffys Road Terrigal NSW 2260. Our facility is generally open 7 days per week and we offer a wide range of basketball and netball competitions, development sessions, representative programs and general venue hire events.
We are currently seeking motivated, reliable and driven individuals to join our team.
The Competitions Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring programs and activities targeted at improving both the standard of Competitions & Referees and increasing referee numbers both within the Domestic and Representative Programs.
The CO will provide Administrative Support to the Competitions Manager. The Coaching and mentoring of referees and providing feedback before, during and after games is an expected component of the role.
The CO is responsible for engagement with Casual Staff during game night proceedings, the CO works under the direct supervision of Competitions Manager, the CO responsibilities include conflict resolution, handling complaints, managing referees and all other duties associated with the smooth operation of Competition during games. Within this role you will be required to work both independently and as a team member, direct a number of staff- both paid and volunteers and exercise initiative in the pursuit of agreed objectives.
- Assist with the Coordination and management of competitions and refereeing within the organisation at both the Domestic and Representative Level;
- Act as the central point ‘for all things referee’s’ within the Association, including development of the Community level and Development level Referee’s.
- Actively oversee the Domestic Competition – this entails having a presence on the floor working with the casual staff.
- Communicate all relevant information to Referees, including training and qualification requirements, rule changes, interpretations, evaluation dates & times and any information from Basketball NSW;
- Assist in the resolution of complaints made during domestic competitions. Address any breaches of competition rules or any breaches of the various codes of behaviour and policies developed or adopted by Central Coast Basketball.
- Be responsible for the domestic competition rosters.
- Working with the Basketball Manager, prepare and provide Referee nominations for EJL, CCL rounds by the required date to BNSW. Arrange accommodation and transport for referees when required in accordance with budget and guidelines developed by the Competitions Manager in consideration with the Basketball Manager.
- Attend Referee Action Day (Compulsory), Referee Workshops , Instructor Workshops and Appropriate Meetings as well as encourage and recruit Referees to participate in Development Workshops and Referee Action Days.
Budget and Financial Management:
- Participate in development of annual budgets for the Referee Program
Work Health and Safety:
- Ensure prompt reporting of injuries
- Assist in contributing to the safe work environment through supporting a safe workplace culture and raising awareness to reduce incidents and injuries
- Ensure BNSW injury report forms are completed in a timely manner and in accordance of BNSW requirements.
Human Resources/Team Management:
- Create effective and supportive relationships with the Team Delegates, Coaches, Players & Referees/Umpires
- Ensure Assistant Referee Supervisors and referees are aware of policies and procedures
- Attend team meetings as required
- High level understanding of the sport of Basketball and officiating.
- Minimum Intermediate Level or above (Preferred but not critical) / Attend or willing to attend Association Referee Instructor Course;
- Administration experience;
- Computer literacy;
- Experience working within a Sporting / Team environment or similar.
- Advanced Computer skills Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Current Working with Children Check
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
Ready to Apply?
Click on the image below to apply now.
Due to increased demand in our venue operational modelling and the compliance required with CV-19, Central Coast Basketball is seeking reliable, motivated and customer orientated casual staff who will be responsible for facilitating our game days which could include the following:
- COVID compliance and marshalling
- Opening and closing procedures
- Greeting customers and answering general enquiries / concerns including phone enquiries
- Ensure the smooth running of domestic competitions
- Assist with the smooth running of venue hire bookings
- Assist with the smooth running of representative game days
- Provide general assistance of a supportive nature to managerial staff
- Assist with administration duties as required
- Working within the canteen when required (currently closed due to COVID measures)
- Provide first aid when required
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Any other duties that may be required
Qualifications and experience
- First Aid qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of the sporting industry
- Approved working with children check
- Good level of IT competency
- Reliable with the ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the organisation
- A strong work ethic
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Great customer service skills
- A team player with drive and initiative
The business is open 7 days per week with the busiest periods being from 4pm-10pm weekdays and 9am-2pm on weekends (which could be later when we host senior representative home games).
Ideally, the successful candidates will have a set amount of time that can be rostered weekly to ensure days and times each week are covered. The immediate need of the business is to secure reliable casual staff to fill rostering vacancies within the business.
Please note that the business closes for approximately 3 weeks over the Christmas period.
CCB casual staff are employed against the Fitness Industry Award 2010, hourly rates of pay will vary, rates would generally fall within the classification range of $24.36 to $26.93 as per the varying Award Classification. Note, it is incumbent on the employee to be aware of the Award Classification.
This hourly rate of pay is inclusive of casual loading, which is payable in accordance with the Modern Award.
Ready to Apply?
Click on the image below to apply now.
You will be required to answer 5 short questions and upload your resume and provide 2 references.
If you have any questions, please call (02) 4385 3577 and ask to speak with Amanda or Nathan.